LinkedIn is the hottest social media platform right now. It’s also in a phase where it is going through several changes.
With Stories, option to delete sent messages, live video broadcasting, overall design, and several other features – many believe LinkedIn has been Facebookized. Moreover, at present, the organic reach on the platform is very high, which mirrors what Facebook once was.
Whether you like these changes or not, that’s secondary. The fact is LinkedIn is the platform to be on at present. Once a website just for the recruiters and job-seekers, it eventually transformed itself into a B2B haven; now, it’s even apt for B2C.
If you’re not on LinkedIn, you’re missing a lot of incredible opportunities to achieve your digital goals.
If you’re already using LinkedIn, you would know while there are opportunities in abundance, tapping on them has its challenges. And this is only going to get more challenging as the platform gets more crowded and the supply of the content hits the ceiling.
So, how do you bypass these challenges to dominate LinkedIn?
Here are 9 tips to dominate Facebookized LinkedIn:
- Publish more content– You would be surprised just how many people feel scared or awkward to put themselves out in front of others. Don’t be one of them. Publish more content on LinkedIn; more than one post every day.
- Engage with others’ content– React to others’ posts. Leave a thoughtful comment that triggers a conversation with the author and others.
- Cross-promote your LinkedIn post on other platforms– Are you big on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram? Promote your LinkedIn profile and posts on platforms where you have more attention. Encourage people to connect with you on LinkedIn.
- Get more “relevant” connections– Don’t blindly add everyone in your circle. Make connections that are more meaningful and relevant to your industry; connections who would love to hear what you’re saying.
- Have CTA in your posts– Each of your LinkedIn posts should have an objective; an objective to drive the desired action. This will only happen when you tell people what exactly you want them to do. Like the post, comment, send you a DM, visit a link, or anything else – tell them what they should do after consuming your content. Drive engagement.
- Become a storyteller: If you’ve been on LinkedIn for some time, you would have noticed that posts that tell a story do much better in metrics; they get more likes, comments, and shares. So, instead of saying something static, tie your message with unique and interesting stories.
- Test different content formats– A lot of people say text-based posts on LinkedIn do better. You should test anyway. Text, image or video – see which one works best for you.
- Optimize your profile– Have a good display and cover/background picture. Have a killer headline and about section. Fill in all the fields. Provide as much relevant information about yourself and your work as possible. If you need, get help from a digital marketing company in USA with profile optimization.
- Care about your connections– This is a cliché and vague even but it’s worth mentioning. If you want people to engage with your posts, you have to talk on things that they care about.
Take The First Step Today
These are 9 tips on how to dominate LinkedIn this year.
Take the first step today and post something.
Stay consistent and you will see all the opportunities on the hottest social media platform converting big. Whether you’re building a brand, generating leads or finding clients/customers – LinkedIn promises great results. And, in case, if you’re stuck or need experts by your side for assistance, you can always connect with a good digital marketing agency in UK.